🥀 Beauty and the Beast 2017 | Movie Review & Thoughts 🥀

Leave a Comment
So today I'm going to be doing a review on the new Beauty and the Beast film as I saw it and instantly wanted to share my thoughts. Warning! There is going to be a lot of spoilers in this post so if you've not watched the film definitely come back after you've watched it. Let's get into it.

Firstly I love the additions they made including the addition of Belle's mother throughout the film. I adored the fact we learnt more about her mother and in turn meant we learnt why Maurice is so protective of Belle. The new scene in Belle's childhood home was so touching as she finally learns what happens to her mother as she battles with her father to learn about her mother. As Marurice does seem a little reluctant to talk about Belle's mother as he did have to leave her behind to protect Belle. I think they did such an amazing job and they kept it to the original but added the most amazing details, I loved that the people in the village had forgot about the Beast and his Castle. Going along with that I thought the new love stories were great especially Madame Garderobe and Maestro Cadenza. Also I loved how Mr Potts was introduced at the end of the film when the spell had been broken.

I think the whole of the cast were perfect especially Josh Gad as Le Fou, I do think he was the character that changed the most as he was less of the village idiot. Instead he does actually question Gaston's actions throughout the film, including him turning away from him in the fight scene and actually helps Mrs Potts. Emma Watson made the most amazing Belle, even though I know a lot of people who were a little hesitant with Emma's singing voice and I personally don't think she was the strongest voice in the film by no mean was it bad. I think in certain songs such as the reprise of How Does a Moment Last Forever, they really showcase her voice beautifully. However she was the perfect Belle as she bought some of her personal attributes to the part including being even more strong-willed than the animation. Mrs Potts was perfectly played by Emma Thompson, it was one of the roles I was a little worried about as it is so iconically played by Angela Lansbury. But I loved Emma Thompson just as much even though I didn't really like Mrs Potts at first as I do think she is kind of creepy but she did grow on me throughout the film. 


The soundtrack is better than I could have ever imagined including the three new songs, they are definitely tear jerkers. One of the new songs include How Does a Moment Last Forever which is originally sung by Maurice while he's making a music box of Belle's childhood home. It's so touching and is later is reprised by Belle while visiting her childhood home with Beast. Another one of the new songs is Days in the Sun which is one of my favourites, it is the characters singing what they would do to how just one more day in the sun as their former self. The ending of the song when Belle starts singing is so touching as she realises that the experience has made her so much wiser. An additional song they've added is when the Beast is watching Belle run away to save her father called Evermore. This is such a beautiful song as it's the Beast realising how much Belle has changed him and that he had to let her go because he loved her so much. In some ways I love the new songs even more than the originals.


Overall I adore this new version, as I was so scared that it would just be another knock off and it would ruin the animated version. But I think they changed it just enough that you can no longer really compare the two as they have become so different. The soundtrack is amazing and really does the original justice, the cast is so perfect that I don't think they could've been casted more perfectly. My favourite scenes were of course the ballroom scene, the scene in Belle's childhood home and the last scene back in the ballroom.  Therefore I will definitely will be back to the cinema again, however next time I will take some tissues as I didn't think I would get so emotional throughout the film. So definitely if you're a huge Disney fan, you need to take tissues because it does pull on the old heart strings seeing a childhood classic been remade. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig